Rum - Spiked Grilled Pineapple with Coconut

____________________________________________________________________


I love anything involving pineapple so I could no resist this dessert. This can be found in September 2010 Cooking Light. I did not use a grill - I just simply grilled the pineapple strips in a non stick skillet with the butter. I also kept some remaining rum/sugar sauce for a drizzle over top of my finished dish.


Ingredients:

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup dark spiced rum (such as Captain Morgan's)
1 pineapple, peeled, cored, halved lengthwise, and sliced lengthwise into 12 wedges (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons sweetened coconut, toasted
Low-fat vanilla ice cream (optional)

Preparation:
Combine the sugar and rum in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 1 1/2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Brush rum mixture evenly over pineapple wedges.

Heat butter in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple; grill 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks form and pineapple is thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with coconut. Garnish with ice cream, if desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment